Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Tribute to a True Friend

To All of my Brothers & Sisters in the Lord:

All my life I have been blessed with so many amazing friends...friends that have kept me from falling, friends that are there when I need a shoulder to cry on, friends that laugh even when something isn't funny, friends that I can tell absolutely anything to. God has never left me without a friend and has been gracious in carrying out His truth that "there IS a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

But it was not until recently that I realized what treasures my friends really are. It is when they are willing to deny themself in order to serve you that they truly prove what a friend they are. Christ displayed this attitude by washing the disciples' dirty feet. He was willing to get down and do the dirty work because He loved them.

A true friend encourages you when you screw up big time. A true friend only wants to keep you safe. A true friend is willing to admit that they're wrong and ask for forgiveness. A true friend isn't afraid to tell you what's on their mind. A true friend is willing to sit and listen, even when it's just "babbling."

Thanks for being there! ...thanks for being a true friend.

SDG

No comments: