Friday, November 26, 2010

God is Faithful.

I think many would agree that there is not a stronger or more deliberate theme found throughout the Bible than the truth of God's faithfulness. As I begin to reflect on 2010, how He has provided for me, I continue to find myself in awe of how faithful He has been in every area of my life.

At the beginning of this semester, I made an effort to do something which pretty much changed my life and opened my eyes to a truth that was so blatant (yet, I obviously had such a hard time seeing it!). I decided that before I took any exam or test or quiz, I would bow my head and pray, thanking God for the knowledge that He had equipped with (I was finding rest while trusting in Him!). This took away so much fear and worry... it sounds like something I should have already known and been in the practice of doing, but I wasn't. I truly cannot put into words how much this taught me!

It's something so little... You're probably thinking, "Praying.. before a test?? Why would you worry about something so silly?" School is my weakness. It can create so much stress if I let it. But, I'm learning... God has given a peace in knowing that my best is good enough for Him, and therefore it should be good enough for me.

As you can probably imagine, the biggest thing that I became aware of was how faithful God was (and IS!). He cares about the smallest things in my life, things that seem so big to me. He knows EVERYTHING about us! ..our struggles, our worries, the things make us angry.

Now, after every test/quiz (or grade, for that matter), I never fail to say to myself, "GOD IS FAITHFUL!" I'm so thankful that He knows my every need - thankful that He is "intimately acquainted with all my ways" (Psalm 119:3). Feel free to leave a comment sharing how God's faithfulness has been evident in your life. All the more reason to bring Him glory! :)

"Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name be the glory because of Your love and faithfulness." ~ Psalm 115:1

"Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures." ~ Psalm 119:90

SDG

No comments: